As the Youth Career Initiative grows and increases its ability to transform the lives of young people around the world, our global team is always interested in talking to potential partner organisations.
Could your organisation help us in any of the following ways?:
- As a local co-ordinating partner? Each country and location operating the programme requires a local NGO partner whose role is to co-ordinate the recruitment of suitable candidates for the programme and support co-operation among participating hotels in line with the global curriculum and standards.
- As a provider of suitable participants? The task of identifying young people who fit the profile we are looking for is of critical importance to the programme’s success, and one that requires expert local knowledge and access to suitable networks, e.g. publicly funded schools and community-based organisations.
- As a source of in-kind support for the participants? The young people participating in the programme come from disadvantaged backgrounds and as such, material contributions such as shoes, clothes or stationery often make a big difference.
- As a provider of some of the classroom sessions? The YCI curriculum requires that participants spend about 40% of their time in formal classroom training sessions, covering a range of life and work skills including communication skills, essential computer skills, CV preparation and English language training.
- As a potential recruiter of the graduates? The YCI team is keen to ensure that participants completing the programme are given every opportunity to find employment (in the hospitality industry or elsewhere) and we are keen on developing jobs fairs for YCI participants towards the end of their six months on the programme.
- As a global programme partner? Bespoke partnership arrangements can be discussed with any organisation that has the reach and the capabilities to work with us on developing YCI globally.
"Opportunities exist to become a YCI partner at various levels."
How do partner organisations benefit from their association with YCI?
Prominent positioning of your logo on the relevant country page of the YCI website
Access to a global programme that is both tangible and measurable, and whose results and impact can be tracked and evaluated in the long term
Access to a cross-sector network of organisations committed to the development of a local pool of talent amongst disadvantaged young people.
To discuss ways in which the Youth Career Initiative can work with you, and for further information please contact Alberto.Canovas@iblf.org or +44 (0)207 467 3643