Are you interested in applying for the Youth Career Initiative programme in one of our participating countries?
If so, you should be aware of the following criteria for potential candidates:
- you should be between 18- 21 years old
- have recently finished high school
- are able to make a full-time commitment to the programme
- show a willingness to learn and a desire for self-development
- have limited or no opportunities to find descent, legitimate employment or continue in further education.
Please note that fluent English is not a requirement of the programme as the individual programmes are run in the native language of that particular country. Successful applicants will be taught basic English that is relevant to the hospitality industry as part of the programme.
Please contact the YCI global team in the first instance, and we will be able to direct your enquiry to the relevant in-country partner.
Youth Career Initiative
15-16 Cornwall Terrace
London NW1 4QP
Phone: + 44 (0)207 467 3600
(Image below: courtesy of Veronica Garcilazo, YCI Mexico. Submitted as an entry to the 2010 YCI Photograph Competition).
"Fluent English is not a requirement of the programme as the individual programmes are run in the native language of that particular country. "